The 2-1-1 Call Center Supervisor ensures the effective operation of 2-1-1 Fresno and Madera Counties and oversees all aspects of the 2-1-1 help hotline including employee supervision, quality of call handling, management of phone systems (inContact, iCarol) and answering of 2-1-1 calls. This position provides support to the 2-1-1 ensuring that individual and agency performance standards are achieved in accordance with all contractual obligations. The 2-1-1 Call Center Supervisor also coordinates with the 2-1-1 Database Coordinator to maintain the 2-1-1 database. This position supports the overall mission of the United Way Fresno and Madera Counties towards continual strengthening community and engagement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call Center Supervision
- Oversee 2-1-1 Call Center Specialists to ensure calls are being answered in a timely manner and handled at the highest level of service and quality.
- Monitor calls for quality assurance and coach call center specialists as needed on their call handling skills.
- Using the software inContact and iCarol the supervisor will monitor daily call volume and length in real time and make corrections to meet performance standards.
- Supervisor will complete weekly, monthly and annual reports for the Program Director evaluating call volume, length, successes and areas of improvement.
- Work in partnership with the Database Coordinator to ensure that the 2-1-1 database is maintained and updated regularly.
- Supervisor will inform call center specialists of any changes made to the database or updates pertaining to callers needs immediately.
- 2-1-1 Call Center Senior Specialist
- Answer and assist 2-1-1 callers in finding local resources to fit their needs
- Assist callers with applications, coaching, and advanced support
- Monitor 2-1-1 database for out of date and incorrect resource data entries
- Report to the Program Director any and all changes to be made to the database
- Understand the function of organizations in the database to ensure accurate referrals
- Provide administrative and other support for the call center
- Perform all other operator duties including: researching referrals; receive and send emails
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Strong communication skills – ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously on a continuous basis.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Bilingual communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibility
Responsible for the supervision of 2-1-1 Call Center Specialists.
See attached Physical Requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
UNITED WAY FRESNO AND MADERA COUNTIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
UWFMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and submit to any required tests to screen for illegal drug and alcohol use prior to appointment. Application evaluation may involve interviews, written tests and/or other appropriate screening tools.
A competitive salary and benefits package is offered to qualifying candidate. Relocation expenses not covered.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to:
Ani Eliason, Executive Office Manager
Address: United Way of Fresno County 4949 E. Kings Canyon Road Fresno, CA 93727