10 Questions to Highlight Volunteers
Volunteers are a core part of every nonprofit organization. Sometimes they are the people running the programming. It is important to share their stories to help push forward our mission and visions. If you have an organization newsletter (either print or digital), social media platforms, or recognition events, here are a ten fun questions you can ask to highlight them:
- How would you describe our nonprofit to someone new?
- What inspires you to be involved with us?
- What is your "why" for volunteering?
- If you were a superhero, what would you be and why?
- What is a memorable moment about your work with us?
- What is something you have learned while volunteering with us that has helped you in your life?
- What values and/or lessons would you pass along to someone?
- What has surprised you the most about volunteering with us?
- When you are not volunteering, what are some of your hobbies or commitments?
- What do you do to avoid burnout?
Share your best questions to ask when highlighting volunteers in the comments below!